Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th June 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||3rd June 1968|
|Next episode||10th June 1968|
Maggie worries about Les. Gordon goes looking for him. Ena tells Maggie she knows who they are and listens to her. Maggie is pleased to talk to someone. Dennis is summoned to an executive breakfast with his boss. Val notices an ad in the Gazette with the Rovers' phone number: "Refined lady seeks stimulating opportunity. Anything considered." Dennis is annoyed when he lets it slip to his boss that he's married as the company are against married employees. Ena sits with Maggie all night. Dennis' boss is impressed that he left Jenny for the firm on his wedding night. Ray suggests that Len buys the Barlows' house and expands the business into his old house. Two youngsters, Dickie Fleming and Audrey Bright show an interest in No.9 but are dismayed at the asking price - £975. Gordon spends the night searching for Les in vain. Dennis is offered a job as area manager in Bristol. Ken discovers it is Emily advertising in the Gazette. Les returns at noon. When Maggie snatches a bottle from him he struggles with her. Gordon pulls him off her. Les hits the counter and hits the floor. There is blood on his brow.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Bright - Gillian McCann
- First appearances of Dickie Fleming and Audrey Bright.
- TV Times synopsis: Showdown in the corner shop!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,400,000 homes (6th place).
|June 1968 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|