|ITV transmission date||19th June 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||17th June 1968|
|Next episode||24th June 1968|
The Barlows move into No.14. Val feels nostalgic about No.9. The residents help them move across the road. Gary talks Stan into investing £2 in an antique deal. Ray is annoyed that Lucille is spending so much time with Gordon. Gordon goes for Ray when Ray taunts him about Les being a drunk. Gary turns Stan's £2 into £8 by buying and selling a chair. Ena makes Maggie go to the Rovers with her. Elsie lends Gary £200. He buys her a Jaguar car with the money. She is annoyed as she can't drive.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- TV Times synopsis: The new boy meets the Street!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,250,000 homes (6th place).
|June 1968 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|