|ITV transmission date||24th June 1968 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||19th June 1968|
|Next episode||26th June 1968|
Gary tries to tell Elsie the car is an investment. Stan buys I-spy Dwyer's window cleaning round off him for £45. Dickie and Audrey go shopping for a double bed. Len is told to fire Stan or the contract with Ronald Wilde is off. Stan resigns before Len can sack him. Emily gives Elsie a ride in the car. She realises the car is going to cost a fortune to keep up. Stan gives Elsie a driving lesson at 5.00pm. Hilda is furious when they haven't returned at 10.00pm. Elsie and Stan run out of petrol on the moors.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Bright - Gillian McCann
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- PC Conway - Colin Edwynn
- Vince Boyle - Robert Hartley
- Ronald Wilde - George Waring
- Gary Bailey - Warren Clarke
- I-spy Dwyer - Roy Barraclough
- Roy Barraclough makes a pre-Alec Gilroy appearance as I-spy Dwyer.
- George Waring makes a pre-Arnold Swain appearance as Ronald Wilde.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan does a deal with I-Spy Dwyer
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,150,000 homes (1st place).
|June 1968 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|