|ITV transmission date|| 5th September 2012|
|Script editor||Catherine Perrin|
|Story editor||Iain MacLeod|
|Story associates|| Mark Bickerton|
|Executive Producer||Kieran Roberts|
|Previous episode||3rd September 2012|
|Next episode||9th September 2012|
Stella's mother, Gloria Price, arrives in Coronation Street at midnight. When Stella wants to know why she's turned up out of the blue, she says she's lying low as her partner is in trouble with gangsters. The police arrive at the scene of Tommy's accident. Gloria doesn't think much of the Rovers. Tommy has a broken ankle and needs to have an operation. Tina arrives at the hospital and is hysterical. Stella plans a party for Gloria and Leanne's first meeting. Gloria isn't happy that Karl has left and goes to see him. Steve tells Michelle they shouldn't rise to Tracy's bait as she will soon get bored. Tyrone is relieved when he learns that Tommy's injuries are minor. Gloria slaps Karl and demands to hear his side of the story. Karl blames Sunita for pursuing him and says he'd return to Stella in a heartbeat. Gloria thinks she can reconcile them and invites him to the party. Gloria and Leanne are introduced. Stella tells Karl to leave as soon as he appears. Gloria tells Stella she's partially to blame for not trying hard enough with Karl, as he's only doing what any man would do. Tommy's employer Micky sacks him and demands £2,000 for a new van.
- Tommy Duckworth - Chris Fountain
- Gloria Price - Sue Johnston
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stella Price - Michelle Collins
- Eva Price - Catherine Tyldesley
- Lloyd Mullaney - Craig Charles
- Tina McIntyre - Michelle Keegan
- Karl Munro - John Michie
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Michelle Connor - Kym Marsh
- Anna Windass - Debbie Rush
- Kirsty Soames - Natalie Gumede
- Rita Tanner - Barbara Knox
- Sunita Alahan - Shobna Gulati
- Leanne Barlow - Jane Danson
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Paul Kershaw - Tony Hirst
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public bar, back room, hallway/stairs
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield General
- Unknown street
- First appearance of Gloria Price.
- As of this episode, the third weekly Coronation Street episode returned to its traditional Wednesday 7.30pm slot. The last regularly scheduled Wednesday episode prior to this was transmitted on 15th July 2009.
- No episodes were aired on Friday 7th September due to ITV1's coverage of England's football World Cup qualifier with Moldova. An hour-long episode was shown on Sunday 9th September instead.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,500,000 viewers (8th place).
|September 2012 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th (1 2) • Wed 12th • Fri 14th (1 2)|
Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th • Fri 21st (1 2) • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th • Fri 28th (1 2)