Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th August 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||26th August 1968|
|Next episode||2nd September 1968|
Dickie spends his money going out with Ray. Val regrets sending the letter. Ena is amazed to discover it was Val. Val apologises and agrees that Ena can play 9.30 - 11.30am, and 6.00 - 8.00pm. Annie tells Jack that she spent the evening in a cinema. Maggie reveals that Les has discharged himself and has gone to work with his brother in Stafford. Dickie wants to give up his apprenticeship to get a labouring job so that they can have money, upsetting Audrey.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Effie Spicer - Anne Dyson
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda gets a plea for help
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,500,000 homes (2nd place).
|August 1968 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|