Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th September 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||9th September 1968|
|Next episode||16th September 1968|
Elsie starts work at "The Pink Posy". Dickie is upset about Audrey walking about a stage in her bikini. Audrey wins the contest and the prize of £50. Emily asks Dave for a job at the florist but he says no - she's too old. The MC, Norman Forshaw, tries to push Audrey into making beauty contests a career. She refuses. Steve keeps trying to get in contact with Elsie. Gordon is annoyed when Lucille flirts with Gary Strauss. Maggie agrees to Val helping at the shop whilst Ena is on holiday. Emily has no money to pay her rent. Gregg visits Steve and discovers he wants Elsie back - as his wife.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Dot Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Gregg Flint - Bill Nagy
- Gary Strauss - Callen Angelo
- Joe Donelli - Shane Rimmer
- Norman Forshaw - John Dorning
- Gillian Baxter - Suzanne Ellison
- TV Times synopsis: A conspiracy of silence over Steve
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,400,000 homes (1st place).
|September 1968 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|