Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th October 1968 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||2nd October 1968|
|Next episode||9th October 1968|
Elsie apologises to the police for roping Val in. The police tell her that Steve left everything to her in his will. She tells them she didn't know this. Stan worries that he's going to be suspected because he was with Clara Regan at 19 Inkerman Street. Len's fingerprints are taken and he is questioned. Len tells Elsie that he could have killed Steve - for her. Gary Strauss and Joe Donelli fly off to Hamburg. Ray is questioned by the police, as is Val. Gregg tells the police he was with a Sally Wells in Altrincham. Stan tells Hilda he knew all about her and George Greenwood. The police feel Len is their main suspect and arrest him.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Dot Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Gregg Flint - Bill Nagy
- Detective Inspector Castle - Hugh Cross
- Detective-Constable Warburton - Charles Pemberton
- TV Times synopsis: The inquiry continues - suspicion over the Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,150,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1968 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|