|ITV transmission date||16th October 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||14th October 1968|
|Next episode||21st October 1968|
Gregg finishes with Dot. At the inquest, Elsie and Len are questioned and both admit to rowing with Steve. The jury returns an open verdict. Ray and Len lose the contract with Ronald Wilde because Len is not available for work.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Dot Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Gregg Flint - Bill Nagy
- Ronald Wilde - George Waring
- Detective Inspector Castle - Hugh Cross
- Detective-Constable Parry - Kenneth Watson
- Coroner - Charles Morgan
- Pathologist - Brian Hayes
- Jury Foreman - Doel Luscombe
- George Waring makes a pre-Arnold Swain appearance as Ronald Wilde.
- TV Times synopsis: Minnie confesses!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,050,000 homes (1st place).
|October 1968 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|