|ITV transmission date||13th November 1968 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||11th November 1968|
|Next episode||18th November 1968|
One of the Yard's cheques for £45 bounces and Ray is given three days to clear it. Audrey can't cope with Albert any more. Effie's television is repossessed and she tells Maggie she spent all her savings paying off her sister-in-law's debts. Ena advises Audrey to get in touch with a lady called Alice Pickins. Len phones Emily and says he's returning.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Effie Spicer - Anne Dyson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- TV Times synopsis: What is Mrs Spicer's secret?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (3rd place).
|November 1968 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|