Dr Ganatra tells Hayley she's suffering from an aggressive cancer which has spread very quickly, and the chemotherapy is proving ineffective. She is given weeks to live. Hayley seems to take the news well and thanks the doctors and nurses. Gloria and Stella refuse to back down over Nick, feeling he will almost certainly hit Leanne again. Nick thinks they're right and leaves the bistro to clear his head. Hayley demands Roy take her to the pantomime. She breaks down in the queue as the enormity of her prognosis hits her, and asks to be taken home. Nick accuses Gail and David of not wanting him around the kids and doesn't blame them. He feels sorry for himself. Kylie lashes out and insults Anna when she spills her drink over her while ejecting her from the cafe. Hayley turns on her, saying nobody cares about her and she has everything she could want from life. In the flat, Hayley becomes hysterical and knocks the Christmas tree over, feeling her life means nothing. Kylie continues to avoid David. Leanne implores her not to let her pride or temper lead her to make the wrong decision. She returns home but doesn't care if David goes or stays. Nick returns home and hears Leanne crying. Hayley's mood improves; she tells Roy loving him has made her life worthwhile. Nick tells Leanne he's moving out as he can't live with the thought of hurting her. She understands and offers to move out instead to spare him the upheaval.
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Stella Price - Michelle Collins
- Gloria Price - Sue Johnston
- Kylie Platt - Paula Lane
- Anna Windass - Debbie Rush
- Gail McIntyre - Helen Worth
- Max Turner - Harry McDermott
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Nick's Bistro
- Roy's Rolls
- 16a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- 8 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Dr Ganatra's office and corridor
- Theatre - Foyer
- TV Times synopsis: Nick makes a decision that has repercussions for Leanne; Hayley breaks down and lashes out at Roy; and David is concerned when a despondent Kylie returns to No 8.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 8,030,000 viewers (13th place).
|December 2013 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Tue 3rd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th (1 2) • Sun 8th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th (1 2) • Mon 16th (1 2)|
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th (1 2) • Mon 30th