Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th January 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||13th January 1969|
|Next episode||20th January 1969|
Peter and Susan go down with measles. Ena and Elsie are annoyed at Annie's hypocrisy as well. They tell Jasmine Choong about her two-faceness. Jasmine assures them that she can look after herself. Stan can't move the sideboard, even with his friends' help. Jasmine tells Annie that Billy wants to marry her. Annie tells her she is not marrying him; she won't allow it. Jasmine tells her not to worry; there's no way her parents would want her to be related to someone like Annie. Albert delights in telling Stan that the sideboard was built in the house. He threatens to charge Stan storage. Hilda plans to chop it to bits with an axe making Albert give them the £5 back. Jasmine leaves. Billy follows her to the station and shows her an engagement ring. She tells him she can't marry him because of Annie's prejudice. He packs and refuses to say goodbye to Annie.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Effie Spicer - Anne Dyson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- TV Times synopsis: Annie blows up and Stan deflates
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,250,000 homes (2nd place).
|January 1969 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|