Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th January 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||15th January 1969|
|Next episode||22nd January 1969|
Billy finishes his packing. The Barlows plan a surprise for Minnie for helping to babysit. Billy accuses Annie of wrecking his happiness. Annie breaks down when she realises he hates her. Jack asks him to be kind to her. Ena feels that the Barlows should be treating her. Ray upsets Gordon by calling Maggie a "bird" who Len is taking out. He takes a swipe at Ray. Elsie tells Billy it was Emily who caused Jasmine to see through Annie. Maggie reassures Len that she thinks of him just as a friend. Ena agrees to babysit for 5/- an hour plus two milk stouts. Maggie tells Gordon her private life is private. Billy tells Annie that Emily told Jasmine what Annie was like. Emily tells Annie she had a right to be Jasmine's friend, not Annie's. She refuses to be Annie's scapegoat. Annie tells Emily to leave the Rovers.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- TV Times synopsis: Annie is a two-time loser
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (1st place).
|January 1969 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|