Ken buys a baby alarm so Ena can listen out for Peter and Susan from No.6. Jack rows with Billy for making Emily homeless. Ken tells Ena they're taking Minnie to a Spanish restaurant and it's her turn next. A young girl called Janice looks for Len. Billy leaves. He tells Annie that if Emily goes he'll never return to the Rovers. Ena is amused with the intercom as she can listen to the Barlows' conversations. Minnie persuades the Barlows to take her bowling. Annie tries to stop Emily from leaving but she is adamant. Elsie takes her in. Ray introduces Len to his kid sister - Janice.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Last appearance of Billy Walker until 26th August 1970.
- TV Times synopsis: Ena listens and gets a shock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (3rd place).
|January 1969 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|