Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th January 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||22nd January 1969|
|Next episode||29th January 1969|
Hilda sees a lot of money in the tea leaves. She thinks about becoming a professional clairvoyant. Janice stays at No.9. Ray isn't keen on having her about and realises she has given her probation officer the slip. Ena tells Emily she can sleep on her sofa rather than at Elsie's. Ena worries about Minnie's gambling. Ray wants Janice to leave. He gives her money to buy a decent dress and is appalled when she buys a minidress. He tells her that she can stay for forty-eight hours and no more. Emily tells Ena she's going to stay with Elsie. Dave Smith frightens Emily by his presence at No.11. Minnie has 33-1 and 40-1 wins on the horses and buys a reluctant Ena a drink. Hilda wants one more prediction to come true before Stan can persuade her to become a professional clairvoyant.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Dave Smith's Betting Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Ray scents trouble and Stan smells a fortune…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|January 1969 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|