Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th January 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||27th January 1969|
|Next episode||3rd February 1969|
Ray is determined to keep Janice out of trouble. Audrey receives a mysterious bunch of flowers. Elsie realises living with Emily was a mistake. Annie, needing a barmaid, invites Emily to return to the Rovers. Emily tells her that she'd need a guarantee she wouldn't be evicted again. Ray is annoyed when Len takes Janice out. Hilda tells Minnie she's going to come into some money. Ena thinks Hilda's in league with the Devil. Janice tells Len she likes him because he's mature but she's more mindful of Ray so won't go out with him. Val gives Minnie a refund on her Christmas Club money. Elsie tells Dave that Emily is in her way. He tells her that he'll get rid of her. Dave's jag is nicked from outside the Rovers.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Dave Smith's Betting Shop - Front and back office
- In one scene Margot Bryant calls Ena Sharples "Hilda" by mistake.
- TV Times synopsis: Trouble frowns on Ray and fortune smiles on Stan
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,250,000 homes (4th place).
|January 1969 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|