|ITV transmission date||17th February 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||12th February 1969|
|Next episode||19th February 1969|
Ena tries to sell her rocking chair for £10 to raise the funds to pay Dave Smith back. The presents to Annie and Emily get mixed up. Emily ends up with table mats, Annie with a poetry book. Emily refuses to accept them, thinking of it as a bribe. Dave gives Minnie twenty-four hours to return the money. Ena advertises her antiques for sale. Annie doesn't like the book but agrees to thank Emily. Emily realises Elsie had a hand in the gifts and tells Annie she'll return to the Rovers. Audrey agrees to be Lucille's Matron of Honour. Ena attacks Dave in the Street. Minnie is upset that they're fighting over her. Ena realises that Dave hadn't told the tax man about the £550 and threatens to tell them unless he wipes the slate clean. Minnie feels ashamed of herself.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Effie Spicer - Anne Dyson
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- TV Times synopsis: Ena presents a united front.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (joint 2nd place with Episode 852).
|February 1969 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|