|ITV transmission date||9th April 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||7th April 1969|
|Next episode||14th April 1969|
Stan and Hilda return on a milk float, tired and worn out, much to the amusement of Len and Ray. The pensioners decide to meet in the Rovers to decide on their form of protest. A saddened Maggie tells Len that Gordon's decided to work at the head office in London. An angry Elsie catches up with Dave and tears into him for not telling her he's married. He tells her Lillian's coming up from London. Elsie doesn't know why she rang her. Hilda is annoyed when Annie gives her work for the day to Alice when she claims she's. Ena, Minnie, Alice and Albert form an OAP action committee. Len tells Elsie about Arthur Green and she realises he was employed by Lillian. The lady herself arrives at the Betting Shop and recognises Elsie from a newspaper photograph she saw at the time of Steve Tanners' inquest. Gordon meets Lucille by appointment at Jackson's Chip Shop to say goodbye. She tells him that he's doing the right thing by leaving and he lets her keep her engagement ring. A frantic Hilda discovers Stan has hidden an Inland Revenue bill from her for £42, 8/4. He isn't concerned about it. Elsie worries about Lillian and tells Dave about Green. He tells her about the history of his marriage. The pensioners decide on a protest march after Ena brushes off Annie's unwanted advice. Gordon goes for leaving drinks. Maggie tells him she's doing the right thing by letting him fly the nest. Elsie refuses to tell Len if Lillian has anything on her. Dave tells Elsie that Lillian wants a divorce on terms of adultery, citing her.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alice Pickins - Doris Hare
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Lillian Smith - Rhoda Lewis (Credited as "Lilian Smith")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Front bedroom
- Corner Shop
- Jackson's Chip Shop
- Dave Smith's Betting Shop - Shop and office
- Last appearance of Gordon Clegg until 1st July 1974.
- One of the pensioners, Mr Jackson, is uncredited, although he has a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Departure and arrival.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,400,000 homes (2nd place).
|April 1969 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|