Ena helps out in the shop with Val in hospital. Audrey starts spending too much. Ena tells Dickie that dignity is more important than money. Audrey spends over £200 on hire purchase. Brewery rep, Mr Bracegirdle gets drunk and flirts with Annie. Jack throws him out.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Edith Tatlock - Clare Kelly
- Mr Bracegirdle - Lennard Pearce
- Girl - Sylvia Brayshay
- Kev - Hugh Armstrong
- TV Times synopsis: In which Jack bounces and Annie flops
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,350,000 homes (3rd place).
Ena Sharples (to Dickie Fleming): "If you're not bothered about dignity or morality, I believe there's a strip club round the corner. Why don't you get your wife working there? Think of the money you'd make."
|May 1969 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|