Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st May 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||19th May 1969|
|Next episode||26th May 1969|
Dickie is too frightened to go to work. He tells Ray how Eddie Goulden wants him to fix the machines for him. Annie gets depressed as she receives no post from the Brewery. Audrey tells Dickie he's not to go back to the arcade but he reminds her of the £200 on hire purchase. Ena tries to get Len to get the arcade closed but he refuses. Annie gets a telegram telling her she's won the competition. Jack refuses the prize of a trip to Majorca; he's not flying. Audrey warns Eddie with the police if he touches Dickie. Val asks for her job back at the shop but Maggie tells her that her sister is coming to stay and help run the shop. Annie asks Ena to go with her to Majorca, knowing that she can't because of the shop job. Ena agrees, to Annie's horror. Ena and Annie leave together.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Edith Tatlock - Clare Kelly
- Eddie Goulden - Bill McCabe
- Bill Blakely - Alan Gerrard
- Telegram Boy - Barry Dixon
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ena takes advantage of a winning streak.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,050,000 homes (7th place).
|May 1969 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|