|ITV transmission date||11th October 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Serial editor||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||9th October 1961|
|Next episode||16th October 1961|
The Over 60's Club plan their coach trip to Blackpool and the Rovers plan theirs to Morecambe. Florrie's customers return. Val doesn't know if she should stay in Weatherfield or not. She wants Ken's help but he won't commit himself. Annie offers the barmaid's job to Doreen. The OAP's get a small response to their trip and Emily's suggestion that they merge with the Rovers is taken up, as long as they go to Blackpool. Ken gets the job as Assistant Personnel Officer at Amalgamated Steel. Val tells him she's decided to stay in the Street.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Last appearance of Sheila Birtles until 4th June 1962 due to the Equity actors' strike.
- TV Times synopsis: The "Over Sixties" hold a noisy meeting to decide on an outing, but the young people in the street are looking farther ahead. Valerie has news for Kenneth, and Dennis considers more ways of breaking into show business.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,119,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1961 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|