Edith is too much for Val to cope with. Dickie gets a job on a building site, labouring for £14 a week. Elsie makes the Flemings realise there's no future in it. Edith takes Peter and Susan to Belle Vue fair. Len is £50 overdrawn at the Yard. Loveday takes Dickie back onto his apprenticeship. Edith loses Peter and Susan at the fairground.
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- TV Times synopsis: In which Val's mother fails to look after the twins.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,900,000 homes (6th place).
|May 1969 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|