|ITV transmission date||2nd June 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||28th May 1969|
|Next episode||4th June 1969|
The residents rally round as Ken goes in search of Peter and Susan. They help search the fairground. Maggie's sister Betty Turpin arrives, telling Maggie she's come to look after her. The police take over the search as Val breaks down. Mrs Allendale brings the twins back after finding them and giving them their teas. Maggie has to stop Val from going for her. Hilda finds two library books, overdue by five years and panics about any criminal action. Maggie fears Betty will take over her life, however, Jack is interested to hear that she's an experienced barmaid. Elsie gives Jack £300 to give to Len, in his name, not hers.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Belle Vue - Funfair and zoo
- First appearance of Betty Turpin.
- Peter and Susan Barlow do not actually appear in this episode. They are left (again) outside the Corner Shop while Mrs Allendale speaks to Valerie Barlow within.
- TV Times synopsis: Something found, something spent, something borrowed, something lent.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (5th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|