Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th June 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||2nd June 1969|
|Next episode||9th June 1969|
Lucille returns the books after Stan "loses" them in the Betting Shop. The residents grow curious as to what Betty's husband, Cyril, is like as the Turpins move into the shop flat. Jack gives Len the money but he refuses it. Cyril agrees to let Betty help Jack out at the Rovers. Edith has enough of Val's cold treatment and packs. Hilda plots with Cyril on how to get rid of the books before discovering he's a police sergeant. Val refuses to make it up with Edith and she leaves. Len takes the money.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- First appearance of Cyril Turpin.
- TV Times synopsis: Breaking point for Val and a new start for Len
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,300,000 homes (9th place).
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|