Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th June 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||9th June 1969|
|Next episode||16th June 1969|
Val and Betty do shifts at the shop. Betty shows her finesse at darts in the Rovers. Len gets tired of Elsie being around all the time. Val hears her mother has taken to her bed, crying. Elsie agrees to go out with Len but worries that he plans to ask her to marry him. Ken persuades Val that they ought to go to Scotland for the weekend. Len tells Elsie he's put the money she gave him into the house and he's getting married to someone she doesn't know.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Last appearance of Valerie Barlow until 30th July 1969 as Anne Reid went on a tour of the Keith Waterhouse and Willis Hall play Come Laughing Home.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ena keeps her mouth closed, and Len opens his.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,750,000 homes (7th place).
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|