Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th June 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||11th June 1969|
|Next episode||18th June 1969|
Emily hides Annie's post from Jack. Jack wants to tell Len it was Elsie's money when he sees she's upset. Elsie tells him about Len's affair. Ena decides she doesn't like No.6 anymore. She, Minnie and Emily go to the funeral of an old friend, Carrie Bishop. Ray and Lucille are surprised that Len is not marrying Elsie. Len tells Elsie that he couldn't wait for her forever. Elsie is left alone with Town Hall clerk Janet Reid who tells her that she doesn't love Len and is dreading him asking her to marry him. Ernie Bishop, Carrie's son, shows Emily around his camera shop and tells her that he's looking for a caretaker with accommodation in the flat above. Ena tells him that she'll take the job. Janet tells Len she doesn't love him. Len thinks Elsie has influenced her.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- First appearance of Ernest Bishop since 6th September 1967.
- First appearance of Janet Reid.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Elsie's motives are misunderstood.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,250,000 homes (6th place).
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|