|ITV transmission date||18th June 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||16th June 1969|
|Next episode||23rd June 1969|
Ted Loftus challenges Betty to a darts match. Ena looks over the Camera Shop Flat. Ernie asks Emily to be his assistant. Len accuses Elsie of being jealous and hits her. The regulars bet on the darts match. When Jack finds out about Len hitting Elsie, he angrily tells him it was Elsie's money that he spent. Betty loses the match deliberately so that Ray will have to pay out money. Emily and Ena both decide to take Ernie's offers up. Janet gives Len his presents back and tells him to apologise to Elsie. Elsie packs and leaves the Street, telling a pleading Len that she's never coming back.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- Camera Shop
- This episode carries no cast credits.
- Last appearance of Janet Reid until 11th August 1971.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ena and Elsie decide to leave the street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,500,000 homes (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|