In an effort to find where Elsie has gone to, Lucille breaks into No.11 and finds a piece of paper with a Scarborough phone number on it. She gives it to Ray. Emily finishes at the playgroup, and tells Jack she can't work behind the bar any more. Jack tells Ray of a building job at the Brewery but tells him they won't employ the Yard because of the incident over Jerry's accident three years before. Ray phones the number - it's Sheila Crossley's. Sheila lies to him and tells him that she hasn't seen Elsie. Emily and Ena decide to tell Jack about Annie. Jack gets a telegram from Annie demanding an answer to her letter. Sheila rings Ray and tells him Elsie is with her.
- Sheila Crossley - Eileen Mayers
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- First appearance of Sheila Crossley since 7th December 1966.
- TV Times synopsis: Oh, I don't like to be beside the seaside.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,650,000 homes (1st place).
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|