|ITV transmission date||25th June 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||23rd June 1969|
|Next episode||30th June 1969|
Ray trades in Stan's bike for a handcart. Stan tries to be dominant with Hilda after seeing the Turpins in action. Jack gets another telegram saying Annie's returning with a man. Ena tells Maggie she won't be able to help out anymore. Len turns up at Sheila's. Len apologises to Elsie but she tells him that she's sick of them. She tells him that she's got another fella. Maggie tells Betty she does not want her help at the shop as Val is her assistant. Ray tells Lucille he's nearly clinched a deal with the Brewery. Ena and Emily tell Jack of Annie's affair.
- Sheila Crossley - Eileen Mayers
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Last appearance of Sheila Crossley until 10th November 1969.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ena breaks the bad news and Jack prepares for his ordeal.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,400,000 homes (4th place).
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|