Annie returns from Majorca with Douglas Cresswell of Newton & Ridley. Annie explains to Jack that she was helping Douglas out at the Brewery hotel, and that was what was in the letter. Elsie returns to the Street but refuses to speak to Len. Annie tells Jack of Douglas' proposal for them to go and live in Majorca running a pub. They have two weeks to decide. Annie is furious with Ena and Emily, and plays along. Ray gets the Brewery deal and tells Lucille he wants it for himself, not Len. Len hears about the contract and is delighted.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- TV Times synopsis: Annie returns and Jack faces the truth.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,800,000 homes (7th place).
|June 1969 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|