|ITV transmission date||2nd July 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||30th June 1969|
|Next episode||7th July 1969|
The Walkers pretend their marriage is over for Emily's benefit. Ray tells Lucille he's setting up business on his own. Len takes the news badly and throws Ray out of No.9. Maggie stands up to Betty and plans a night on the town with Elsie. Annie asks Ena and Emily to read her letter.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- TV Times synopsis: Ray goes solo and Ena faces the crunch.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,400,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1969 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|