Jack has misgivings about starting again in Majorca. Elsie refuses to let Ray be her lodger. Ena and Emily read the letter. Emily feels ashamed and argues with Ena who feels no guilt over the situation. Minnie tells Ernie that Ena wants the Camera Shop Flat inspected for rats before she moves in. Len sells his van for £300 to a friend of Ken's. The residents wonder if Ena will brave the Rovers again. Emily tells Annie that it’s best for her to leave the Rovers. Annie agrees, stringing her along. Dickie invites Ray to lodge with them. To everyone’s shock, Ena frequents the pub with no trace of embarrassment. Lucille asks Annie if Ray can lodge at at the Rovers but is refused. Annie stops Emily from leaving by reminding her of the time that she’s been a help and friend to them, blaming Ena for what happened. Len inspects the flat for defects. Ena refuses to move in unless they are fixed but Ernie calls her bluff by saying he can get another caretaker. Ray flirts with Audrey to Lucille's annoyance who tries to get him to lodge with Mrs Wrigglesworth on Rosamund Street but he refuses saying he’s quite happy where he is. Len tells Maggie that Newton & Ridley don’t know that Ray swiped £10 from one of their hotels two years ago and he’s not yet made up his mind to tell them. The Walkers decide to take the Majorca pub and announce it to the regulars.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Hallway and back room
- 6 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Camera Shop Flat - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Ray settles down, and Ena refuses to be shaken.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,150,000 homes (4th place).
Annie Walker: "Besides, you know, it really isn't bad for a woman's morale for people to believe that she can turn a handsome man's head on occasion."
|July 1969 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|