Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th July 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||23rd July 1969|
|Next episode||30th July 1969|
Jack gets tired of Annie's fussing. She goes to the doctors to satisfy herself as to Jack's condition. Doctor Mackay puts her mind at rest. Hilda sells the suit lengths to Ray for £1 each. Cyril tells the Ogdens he only wanted to buy the cloth and buys one off Ray for £5. He tells the Ogdens that the stolen cloth was found in a pigeon loft in Napier Street and they realise they've lost out on a lot of money. Doctor Mackay tells Albert that if Alice goes he will have to go into hospital. Hilda rows with Elsie in the Rovers who retaliates by demanding the £50 back from the Ogdens by the weekend. Betty's familiar manner annoys Annie and she fires her for reasons of incompatibility. While Ena sleeps in her bed, someone enters the photographic studio at night.
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Albert Tatlock's bedrooom
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Camera Shop and studio
- Camera Shop Flat - Living room/kitchen
- Doctor Mackay's consulting room
- TV Times synopsis: Nice bit of stuff, Stanley!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,050,000 homes (10th place). This was the lowest-rated episode of the year.
|July 1969 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|