Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date|| 24th August 2016|
|Storyliners|| Martin Sterling|
|Script editor||Alison Hunt|
|Story producer||Hannah Sowden|
|Executive Producer||Kieran Roberts|
|Previous episode||22nd August 2016|
|Next episode||26th August 2016|
Leanne and Nick have spent a happy night together. Leanne senses that he is not altogether happy with her pregnancy and tells him to decide what he really wants. Bethany furtively pops some more diet pills. Sarah mentions her forthcoming exam results to her and Bethany covers her unease. Leanne remembers that she has her first scan today. Sonia asks Sharif for a good-morning kiss but he refuses, saying nothing's changed between them. Eva explains to Aidan that Leanne’s ditched her Liverpool plans so he won’t be able to move in with her after all. He feigns disappointment. Gary conducts Craig's induction at the gym as Bethany starts to pound on a running machine. Nick calls on Leanne and asks her who the father of the baby is. She lies, making out she had a one night stand with a stranger. He offers to give her a lift to the hospital for her scan. Bethany overdoes it on the machine and collapses. Nick refuses to go into the scan with Leanne but, to her delight, changes his mind and he sees how happy she is with the results. Bethany regains consciousness and assures Gary she’s fine. He’s not convinced. Helping Gail with the kids, Michael takes Max to the Kabin where he notices the boy steal a toy. Sonia half-heartedly searches the paper for a flat. Yasmeen assures her she’s welcome to stay as long as she likes and Sharif is forced to agree. He tells Sonia that much as he cares about her, he’s not willing to risk his marriage. She agrees. Tracy is also at the hospital having her kidney examined and sees Nick and Leanne leaving the maternity unit. She’s intrigued. Max explains to Michael that he took the toy as his mum always used to buy him a present on Lily’s birthday. Making Max promise he won’t steal again, Michael agrees it can be their secret. Michael assures Gail he no longer has feelings for Eileen and she agrees to give their relationship another go. Having found Bethany’s diet pills, Gary confronts her. She refuses to fully answer his questions and storms off. Reaching a decision, Nick tells Leanne how much he loves her and he wants to be a part of the baby's life. They kiss.
- Eva Price - Catherine Tyldesley
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Rita Tanner - Barbara Knox
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Bethany Platt - Lucy Fallon
- Sharif Nazir - Marc Anwar
- Yasmeen Nazir - Shelley King
- Aidan Connor - Shayne Ward
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Max Turner - Harry McDermott
- Michael Rodwell - Les Dennis
- Coronation Street exterior
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- 18a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- 8 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- V Court Fitness
- Weatherfield General - Corridor and maternity scan room
- A worker at Weatherfield General is uncredited although he has a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Bethany collapses in the gym after taking diet pills; Nick asks Leanne who the father of the baby is; Gail considers giving her relationship with Michael another go; and Sharif tells Sonia that as much as he cares about her, he's not willing to risk his marriage.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,670,000 viewers (5th place).
Rita Tanner: "Sliding tackle? Is that some sort of medical condition?"
|August 2016 episodes|
|Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th (1 2) • Mon 8th (1 2) • Wed 10th • Fri 12th (1 2) • Mon 15th (1 2)|
Wed 17th • Fri 19th (1 2) • Mon 22nd (1 2) • Wed 24th • Fri 26th (1 2) • Mon 29th (1 2) • Wed 31st