Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st September 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||27th August 1969|
|Next episode||3rd September 1969|
Albert grumbles away in the church and Ken panics as he can’t remember who he gave the ring to for safekeeping. The Rev. Lingard tries to thumb lifts but no one stops for him and Aunt Ada. The bridal party waits outside for the signal to begin. Ena gives Ken the ring and Minnie extra tissues for when she starts crying. The ceremony starts but there is no vicar on the altar to officiate. With Lingard’s whereabouts unknown, the wedding guests have their photos taken by Ernie to save time. Albert suggests they go to the Co-op for the reception and come back for the wedding service. Their wedding car is Ray’s convertible. Lillian shows Dave their old photographs and love letters and he becomes wary when she asks him if they started again would things be different. The reception takes place. Douglas takes a fancy to Emily but a mix-up occurs when he asks Minnie who she is and Minnie tells him it's Elsie, thinking that's who he means. As the reception wears on, the vicar still can’t be found so the cake is cut and telegrams are read from Fred Tatlock, David and Irma Barlow and Jerry Booth. Alice realises her marriage isn't meant to be. The vicar turns up at the reception and apologises and offers a service on Monday morning. Albert refuses as they’ve agreed to part. Alice goes on the honeymoon to Morecambe alone. Lillian tells Dave she wants a divorce to marry someone else: Leo Slater, who’s on his way to Weatherfield to meet him and Lillian wants Dave to give him the once over.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Douglas Pickins - John Collin
- Lillian Smith - Rhoda Lewis
- Beattie Pearson - Gabrielle Daye
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Alice Pickins - Doris Hare
- Rev. Vernon Lingard - John D. Collins
- Ada Broadbent - Kit Hoult
- Verger - Herbert Ramskill
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- St. Mary's Church and exterior
- The Co-op Reception Rooms
- Unknown lane in country
- Last appearance of Ernest Bishop until 8th December 1969.
- TV Times synopsis: A very special day
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,150,000 homes (9th place).
|September 1969 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|