Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th September 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||15th September 1969|
|Next episode||22nd September 1969|
Maggie starts to get more impatient with Betty. The residents sign up for a 7-a-side mixed team football match against The Flying Horse but Annie doesn’t understand the joke when Alan Ball, Bobby Charlton and Eusébio are on the list. Audrey gets annoyed as Dickie doesn't pull his weight at No.3. Maggie and Elsie stage a slanging match over Len and give Betty something to think about. Emily tells Elsie that Douglas has promised to see her again when he finishes overseas, but she thinks he'll forget her. Ray moves out of No. 5 and into one of the Albert Park flats for convenience for work, leaving Audrey in charge of his yard. Ken's advice leads Dickie to think Audrey is pregnant. Len and Cyril bicker over who will be team captain in the match. Elsie asks Len to go easy with Maggie. Audrey lets Dickie busy around her. Ena discovers the Council are planning to build a shopping precinct on North Cross Cemetery, on top of her Grandad, who was killed in the Weatherfield Main pit disaster of 1906. Maggie gets dressed up for a night with Len but he lets her down in favour of work. Cyril, Annie and Tommy Deakin work out the conditions and prizes for the football match. Maggie discovers Betty has held a card from Gordon from her for several days by accident and goes mad at her.
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- This episode sees a return to the usual rendition of Eric Spear's signature theme, after four episodes which used a different arrangement of the tune.
- TV Times synopsis: The pitter-patter of tiny rumours
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,250,000 homes (10th place).
|September 1969 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|