|ITV transmission date||24th September 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||22nd September 1969|
|Next episode||29th September 1969|
Betty opens the shop and worries as she still doesn't know where Maggie is. She asks Cyril to alert his collegue at the police station but he refuses. Albert thinks the football team ought to have a proper kit and decides to work on tactics. Dickie smothers Audrey with attention and insists she has a proper diet, consulting a baby book he's bought. Maggie worries that Ena has spread the word about finding her in No.9 and that Les will find out. Albert worries about Hilda being on the team. Betty rails at Maggie when she turns up at the Corner Shop but is told she has no rights over her sister. When refuses to play in the team, Tommy Deakin provokes her into changing her mind, knowing that she's the Rovers' worst player. Cyril tries to find out from Len if Maggie spent the night with him. Ena threatens to inform Les about Maggie and Len unless Len stops the Cemetery plan. Dickie turns up at home with a pram, winding up Audrey. He tells her that he knows she's not pregnant and was just having fun. They make up. Betty rows with Maggie over the shop. Maggie refuses to apologise; it's her shop and she doesn't answer to anybody. Maggie asks Len to get Ena to keep quiet. Stan and Dickie teach Hilda football in the street with Albert coaching. Dickie kids on Annie that he's a former international player for Ireland. Albert asks Cyril for Les's address in Solihull as Les was looking after his allotment while he was in Bury, and now he wants it back. Cyril tells Maggie but doesn't remember who asked. Maggie worries it was Ena.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard
- Writer and actor Ray H. Dunbobbin appears as an extra in scenes in the Rovers.
- Bernard Youens only appears in the filmed street sequences and not in any studio scenes.
- TV Times synopsis: Hard plans for the football match - but will Ena play the game?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (2nd place).
Maggie Clegg: "Nothing's a five-day wonder round 'ere."
Len Fairclough: "I get sick and tired every now and again about Mrs Sharples walkin' round like a flippin' hanging judge!"
|September 1969 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|