Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th October 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||6th October 1969|
|Next episode||13th October 1969|
Dickie and Val row with Audrey when she shops for the squatters. Stan reads a book on gaining better communicative skills and puzzles Hilda by dressing smartly. Annie gets a letter and acts mysteriously over it, she tells Emily it's an invite to speak at the Lady Victuallers. Stan starts cutting down on food and drink. The squatters barricade themselves into No.12.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Squatters in No. 12 in this, the previous and the following episode are spoken of but never seen. They are identified as a Mrs Storey and her three children who took up occupancy after her husband was sent to jail.
- TV Times synopsis: The Street divides.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,100,000 homes (2nd place).
Ena Sharples: "It's a long hard road to matrimonial harmony. No wonder there's so many falls by the wayside."
|October 1969 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|