|ITV transmission date||25th October 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||23rd October 1961|
|Next episode||30th October 1961|
Lucille returns from staying with the Rileys in Ireland. Christine worries that Minnie is going to sue her. Albert tells her the landlady is responsible. Ivan doesn't want the TV and rows with Linda. Bill takes Elsie out in Ivan's friend's car. Ken doesn't like working at Amalgamated Steel. Bill and Elsie get stuck when the car has a flat. When Frank calls Ken selfish for moaning about his job, Val tells him about the sacrifice he made over the Surrey job. Sheltering in a phone box, Bill swears to Elsie he's not married.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Last appearance of Lucille Hewitt until 23rd April 1962 as Jennifer Moss was absent from the programme for the duration of the Equity actors' strike.
- A clip from this episode features in Episode 955 (18th February 1970) when Elsie remembers back to when she first knew Bill Gregory.
- TV Times synopsis: There is dark talk of compensation for Minnie Caldwell, and Ena prepares for the legal battle ahead. Bill takes Elsie for a drive in the country, and Albert Tatlock gives some advice to Christine.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,244,000 homes (1st place).
|October 1961 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|