|ITV transmission date||27th October 1969 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||22nd October 1969|
|Next episode||29th October 1969|
Ken arranges a solicitor for Elsie. Elsie puts on a brave face to the outside world. Both Ken and Ena suspect Dot of not being straight. Betty warns Dickie to go on the outing to the Lake District and not to let Audrey go by herself. Elsie can't believe Dot would stand by and let her take the blame. Dickie decides to go on the outing. Ken persuades Elsie to go on the outing and forget her troubles. At the coach company it is discovered too late that the driver, Reg Ellis, has taken the wrong coach - his one has faulty brakes. Annie, Jack, Emily, Albert, Audrey, Dickie, Ray, Minnie, Ena, Ken, Val, Elsie, Stan, Hilda, Maggie, Cyril and Betty start off on the outing.
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Ray Langton Contractors Limited - Office/workshop
- Searle and Ormerod Coach Company - Office
- Various roads leading from Weatherfield
- Until the start of the ITV Colour Strike with Episode 1026 (18th November 1970), this was the programme's last black and white videotaped episode, the next episode being made entirely on film.
- TV Times synopsis: A happy start to a perilous journey.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,350,000 homes (5th place).
|October 1969 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|