|ITV transmission date||30th October 1961 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||25th October 1961|
|Next episode||1st November 1961|
Ken gets to know his boss at Amalgamated Steel, Mr. Wentworth, who feels his workers need a psychological approach. Norman and Phil move into the flat above the Corner Shop. Norman arranges a date with Doreen. Ken refuses to retire a worker as he has to support an invalided daughter but Wentworth forces him to. Against his better judgement Dennis agrees to go to an all-night party with Jed.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Dorothy Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Phil Braithwaite - Brian Dean
- Norman Dobson - Alan Holden
- Mr. Wentworth - Barry Letts
- Last appearance of Valerie Tatlock until 9th July 1962 as Anne Reid had to leave the programme due to the Equity actors' strike.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner still thinks that life has never looked more rosy. But for Kenneth Barlow the first weeks in a new job bring big problems.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,138,000 homes (3rd place).
|October 1961 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|