Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd December 1969 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||1st December 1969|
|Next episode||8th December 1969|
A drunken Albert and Jack burst into the back room, despite Annie's pleas and Albert insults her friends. Elsie is annoyed at the way all the womenfolk think Alan's fanciable, saying she's not bothered by him. Ray wishes everyone would stop feeling sorry for him. The necklace is taken by someone out of the drawer in the back room of the Rovers. Ray worries that Dave Smith will squeeze him out of their yard. Elsie agrees to speak to Dave but later has to pass on a message to Ray to stay away from the business and also to tell him that if he's not better in three months he'll be out of a job as Dave's just taken on someone else. Albert says that he's moving back home as the twins are too noisy and Val puts too much salt in her cooking. Annie goes away for a short break and Jack discovers the necklace has gone. Alan upsets Hilda when he rows with her for prying into his business, not wanting to talk about his recent split from his wife. Elsie stands up for Hilda.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, hallway and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The "theft" of the necklace was shown in close up by a gloved hand. Later revealed to be Emily Nugent collecting the article for Winifred Hepplewhite, the part was played by an unknown extra in this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Jack makes an embarrassing entrance.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,200,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1969 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st