Hilda wants the residents to send Alan to Coventry but no one will. Audrey feels that things are getting too much for her. Jack worries about the missing necklace. Albert tells Ken and Val that he’s decided to stay a bit longer with them. Emily thinks the residents ought to do something special for Christmas but she doesn't like some of the suggestions offered. Alan tries to get on with Elsie by apologising for his attitude to Hilda but she doesn't like him and refuses to have anything to do with him. Annoyed at his dependency on others, Ray loses his temper with Maggie for trying to help him. Audrey suddenly collapses.
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, hallway and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- First appearance of Ernest Bishop since 1st September 1969.
- A customer in the Rovers who orders a pint of best is uncredited despite having a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Jack plays "Hunt the brooch" and Audrey sees double (Note that although it seems that the prop in question was scripted to be a brooch, it was changed on recording for a necklace but too late to change the synopsis for "TV Times". The official ITV synopsis also refer to it as a brooch).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (2nd place).
|December 1969 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st