|ITV transmission date||2nd February 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||28th January 1970|
|Next episode||4th February 1970|
Stan enjoys working nights as he can drink all day. Sandra realises that Audrey really does love Ray. Emily tells Len she'll work on the estimate but he tells her that he and Ray are working on it and they don't need her assistance. Ernie asks Emily to come into partnership with him. Feeling guilty, she tells him she'll let him know. Val invites Alan for dinner with her and Ken. Ray asks Dickie to get Audrey off his back. Ernie and Ena suspect something is wrong with Emily and Ena is certain that Piggott lies behind it. Len tells Hilda that he has seen Stan spending his nights at a working man's club instead of being at the bakery.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alan Howard tells Ken and Valerie Barlow that he has no children, contradicting the introduction of Mark Howard later in the year.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Stan becomes one of the night people - and enjoys it.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (5th place).
|February 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|