|ITV transmission date||18th February 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||16th February 1970|
|Next episode||23rd February 1970|
Ena and Minnie ask Cyril to help get Albert out of No.1. Albert enjoys telling Sandra all about the First World War. Alan is puzzled why Len doesn't get Bill Gregory to move into No.9. When Len discovers Bill is after Elsie he gets him to stay for competition with Alan. Tommy reveals he sent the valentine to Annie hoping for a free drink. Elsie is amazed to see Bill. She agrees to go out with him. Cyril breaks into No.1 and makes Albert realise people are worried about him. Len tells Alan and Bill they're both after Elsie. Annie is horrified to discover Tommy sent the card. Bill tells Elsie that Phyllis is dead and he is buying a bar in Portugal. He asks her to marry him.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- This episode features a black and white flashback of Elsie Tanner and Bill Gregory taken from Episode 91 transmitted on 25th October 1961.
- TV Times synopsis: Tatlock meets his Waterloo and Annie her Valentine.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,850,000 homes (1st place). This was the highest-rated episode of the year.
|February 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|