Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd March 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||18th March 1970|
|Next episode||25th March 1970|
Audrey prepares the house for Ray's homecoming. Ken and Val plan the new Salon. Ray returns, with the use of his legs. Dickie isn't pleased to see him. Val annoys Elsie and Bernard by her high-handed attitude in the salon. Dave offers Elsie a job and she accepts. Ray swears vengeance on Dave for getting rid of him at their yard. Dave tells the Barlows that he has bought the Salon off Alan and thanks a shocked Ken for tipping him off about it.
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Alan Howard's Salon
- June Howson became producer with this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Ray returns and Val and Ken see the light.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 965).
Dave Smith: "The sooner you realise that everybody’s your enemy, the sooner you can settle back and enjoy the good things in life."
|March 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|