Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||25th March 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||23rd March 1970|
|Next episode||30th March 1970|
Ken's cheque is returned by Alan's solicitor. Len is teased by the womenfolk about his moustache. Dave tells Ken he didn’t lend him the money because he’s a bad investment. Audrey pampers Ray and cuts off Dickie more. Len goes to the salon to have his moustache shaved off but noticing Bernard's trembling hands when holding the razor, does the job himself. Dave gives Val a rise and Bernard the sack because he bores the customers with his conversation. Dickie tries to believe Audrey and Ray are not going to have another fling. Albert tells Bernard to set up in opposition against Dave. Lucille rings Annie from Ireland to tell her that she's returning. Annie is concerned as the decoration of her room isn't finished. Val, Elsie and Sandra walk out of the salon in protest of Bernard's sacking.
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, hallway and kitchen
- Alan Howard's Salon
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey lights the fuse and Dave Smith does the firing.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,100,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 964).
|March 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|