|ITV transmission date||30th March 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||25th March 1970|
|Next episode||1st April 1970|
Bernard starts up his own hairdressing business. Lucille returns from Ireland but is put out that her room at the Rovers is out of bounds for redecoration and she refuses to share with Emily. Ray starts back at the Yard with Len. Lucille is unhappy to discover that Ray is engaged to Sandra. Dave Smith takes on Adam and Jasmine hurriedly at the salon. Lucille lodges with Minnie at No.5. Sandra feels put out about Audrey's closeness to Ray. The Salon's takings are only 4/6 for the day. Ray introduces Lucille to Sandra who is put out by her attitude.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Alan Howard's Salon
- First appearance of Lucille Hewitt since 25th August 1969 as Jennifer Moss took seven months off work for maternity leave.
- TV Times synopsis: No customers at the Salon, and no room at the inn for Lucille.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,292,000 homes (this Easter Monday episode failed to make the top twenty in the viewing charts).
Annie Walker: "Good morning, ladies. The usual?"
Ena Sharples: (Brusquely, walking towards the snug): "No, Manhattan for Minnie, White Lady for me."
Annie Walker (Laughs): "Two milk stouts coming up."
|March 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|