Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st April 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||30th March 1970|
|Next episode||6th April 1970|
Albert tells Dickie it's time he put his house in order when Audrey slams the door in his face after he plays an April Fool trick on her. Val misses being a hairdresser and wishes they’d bought the salon. Albert loses his patience in the salon when Hilda and Adam bicker and walks out and Annie complains about the service she is receiving. Lucille cattily warns Sandra about Audrey and Ray. Dave rings Elsie to plead with her to return and under duress agrees to take Bernard back. Hilda points out to Dave that Val was the salon’s best hairdresser. A shocked Sandra tells Ray that Audrey fancies him. Dave comes crawling to Val who agrees to return to the Salon on an extra £1 a week plus commission. Adam and Jasmine walk out of the salon with all the staff changes that Dave has agreed to. Bernard refuses to return until Dave takes Sandra back on and give them both a rise as well. Dave takes Lucille back on at the Betting Shop. Dickie and Sandra watch as Audrey throws herself at Ray in the Rovers. Lucille tells Ena that Ray and Sandra’s engagement won’t last.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Alan Howard's Salon
- TV Times synopsis: Lucille stirs the marriage mixture and Dave Smith finds the recipe for "business as usual" at the Salon.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,250,000 homes (2nd place).
|April 1970 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|