Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th April 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Geoffrey Lancashire|
|Previous episode||6th April 1970|
|Next episode||13th April 1970|
Ray worries about what Maggie saw and tells Audrey to go home. She and Dickie bicker when she does. Maggie advises Ray to tell Sandra about the kiss before Audrey does, telling him to put it down to being a dizzy moment. She asks him if he’d be pleased if Sandra threw him over. Sandra confides in Val that she doesn’t think Ray is interested in her. Lucille asks Len what’s going on with Ray and what Maggie has to do with it, having seen the two of them talking in the Rovers. Maggie tells Len what she saw. Sandra books St. Mary's Church for the wedding on 23rd May. Len warns Ray that if he loves Audrey he can't marry Sandra. Audrey realises from Len’s manner that he knows about the kiss but she isn’t concerned. She tells Ray she's never loved Dickie, she's only been fond of him; he's too weak. She tells Ray she'll never feel the same for Dickie as she does for him. Ray loses control and tells Audrey he loves her. Len tells Lucille that Ray and Audrey are getting in very deep water and he’s worried but if she says anything to Dickie, he’s finished with her. P.C. Conway calls into the Rovers looking for the Ogdens and tells Ken that they’ve had a telex to say that the Barlows have been involved in a car accident in Australia and are in the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: Romantic developments at the Yard and Lucille puts Dickie in the picture.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,800,000 homes (2nd place).
|April 1970 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|