Ken and Val plan to go to Manchester Airport to meet Hilda and Irma. Stan thinks he should wear a sombre tie to meet them when they arrive home and to show Irma that he's settled and in regular work. Dickie grows desperate to find Audrey but Cyril can’t help as she isn’t an official missing person. Stan asks Emily for help replying to the well-wishers. Dave Smith takes the Barlows to the airport as he has to call on someone in Wythenshawe. Stan puts on a suit for his daughter’s return. Irma comes home to a big hug from her dad. Dickie hides Audrey’s absence from the residents. Irma is sombre. Dave knows that Irma could have got home cheaper on an assisted passage but he has his own reasons for wanting the Ogdens spending £600. Ken wonders about buying a car but Val is frightened about what happened to David. Dickie rings round Audrey’s friends and family. Irma breaks down when she reads one of the well-wisher’s letters. She tells Ken and Val about the suddenness of the accident. Dickie feels frustrated when Ray calls round looking for Audrey. He claims she’s ill in bed with flu.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Alan Howard's Salon
- Phone box
- First appearance of Irma Barlow since 31st December 1969.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Irma comes home.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,600,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1970 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|